The Government has announced a $130 billion JobKeeper payment to help keep more Australians in jobs and support businesses affected by the significant economic impact caused by the Coronavirus.
Key points for businesses:
- Payment is $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight, per employee
- Payment is received by eligible employers and paid to eligible employees
- Eligible employers are businesses with a turnover of less than $1 billion and their turnover will be reduced by more than 30 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago (of at least a month)
- Eligible employees are full-time, part-time, or long-term casuals as at 1 March 2020 (a casual employed on a regular basis for longer than 12 months as at 1 March 2020); including those who have been stood down.
- Term; starting from 30 March for a maximum of 6 months
- The first JobSeeker payment will be received by employers from the ATO in the first week of May 2020.
- Businesses without employees, such as the self-employed, can also be eligible
Is there anything I can do now to apply for this? Yes, the government is encouraging businesses to register their interest, this can be done by clicking the button below.
More information on the application process will become available over the coming days; which we will communicate as soon as available.
In the meantime; this link provides the detail currently available.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss further.